We have been out of town the last 2 weeks due to Tucker having meetings in Washington DC and Canada (more on that to come). Wednesday morning after returning late the night before, I went out to check on our chickens and see how they did while we were away. We had someone housesit for us and he took care of the garden and chickens. I didn't notice any eggs in the fridge so I just assumed that our house guest had eaten them as he collected them everyday. As Gracie and I were coming back in the house, we noticed our littlest chicken in a big weed (I'm embarrassed to even admit I have weeds this big in my yard). I could barely even see her in there. As I got closer, I noticed eggs spilling out from underneath her. I lifted her up and was very surprised to see... 19 eggs. All 3 chickens were laying their eggs in there and the little one was laying on them. Her little mothering instincts made her think they were going to hatch (but we have no rooster) - I didn't try to explain it to her.
Friday, September 21, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment